Hey Sistas! Some of you may know that I have a degree in Dietetics and I love sharing information on how to live a healthier lifestyle. I put together this video to share my top 7 ways to maintain a healthy body. Whether you want to loose weight, maintain clear skin or just implement healthy alternatives in your diet, these tips will definitely help.
7 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Body:
- Diet – You are what you eat, ladies. Our diet is so important to the overall health of our body. Implement more fresh fruits and vegetable in your diet, preferably organic. If budget is a concern, you have the option to purchase them frozen as a more affordable alternative, but let canned be your absolute last resort.
- Green Smoothies – Implement green smoothies into your diet. They’re better than juicing because when you juice, you lose some of the vitamins, enzymes and minerals that are in the skin of the fruit, so it’s better to do it whole if you can. My staples for my green smoothies are kale, pineapple, oranges, mangoes, bananas for a more citrus blend flavor, packed with Vitamin C and extremely delicious.
- Don’t Eat Late – Strive to eat your last meal at 7pm or at least 2 – 3 hours before you go to bed. Give your body time to burn off the calories because when you go to bed on a full stomach, it can cause acid reflux and other esophageal diseases in the long run.
- Exercise – Exercising is one of the biggest promoters of weight loss and helps to maintain your physique. It’s good for building your muscles, releasing toxic chemicals when you sweat, promoting serotonin (a chemical released in the body that promotes a good mood and happy feelings), and keeping your body young. Doing cardio works the heart and your heart is so important because it’s what keeps your body moving. It’s one of the most important vital organs besides your liver and brain. Be good to your body. Don’t work out because you hate your body, work out because you love your body and you want to take care of it!
- Stretch – Stretching makes is easier for you to exercise and get around in your everyday life. It keeps your body physically young because it increases the flexibility in your muscles and tendons. Stretching also reduces stress and increases the blood circulation in your body.
- Drink Water – No other liquid hydrates our body better than water. If you can, try to drink filtered water. Water flushes out toxins inside of the body, helps to get rid of waste, promotes weight loss, and improves your skin. Try pairing your water with lime or lemon as it promotes glowing, blemish-free skin, helps to maintain the weight loss over time, aids in digestion (it’s a blood purifier and cleansing agent for the body).
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV is like the mother of any health drink. It promotes a clean liver, weight loss, stabilizes your blood sugar level, helps to remove sodium from the body, promotes clear skin, lowers your blood cholesterol levels and has a host of other amazing benefits. Try to drink at least 2 tablespoons day, and to make it more palatable, add it to your water with some lemon or lime, or to your green smoothie
Favorite this post and add it to your Bookmarks!
[favorite_button post_id=”” site_id=””][/favorite_button]