Hey Sistas! Here’s an update on my daily green smoothie. I drink this smoothie about 4- 5 days out of the week in the morning. It packs a lot of vitality in one drink that will maintain and promote healthy hair and skin, energy levels and immune support. I got this smoothie recipe from a book called “The Beauty Detox Foods/Solution” by certified nutritionist Kimberly Snyder, who promotes a plant-based diet. I tweaked the recipe a bit and added more fruit because I’m a sugah lovah and I like my smoothies SWEET!
Some benefits of the ingredients:
– Romaine lettuce: reduces cholesterol, regulates blood pressure
– Spinach: promotes youthful skin
– Kale: promotes a toned body and anti-aging
– Parsley: reduces cellulite
– Cilantro: removes heavy metals like mercury, lead and aluminum from the body
– Celery: eliminates dark circles and puffiness under the eyes
– Apples: promotes bright and clear eyes
– Pears: unlined, wrinkle- free skin
– Bananas: promotes a good mood
– Lemons: clear, blemish- free skin
It’s important to implement as much organic fruits and veggies as possible into your diet, especially the ingredients in this recipe. Organic produce will give you optimal results. Be sure to switch up the greens and fruits with what’s in season for variety and for personal preference. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, chop everything up before putting it in the blender to help reduce chunks. Lets get started!
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce
- 7 cups of organic spinach, chard, arugula and/or kale – sometimes I do a mixture and combine all of these ingredients
- 1 cup of organic cilantro OR 1/2 cup of organic cilantro and 1/2 of parsley – the stems are okay
- 4 stalks of organic celery
- 2 organic pears, cored & chopped
- 2 organic apples, cored & chopped
- 1 organic banana
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic lime
- 2 cups of cold, filtered water
Step 1: Add the lettuce, seasonal greens (spinach, kale, etc.) and cold filtered water to your blender
Step 2: Start the blender on a slow speed and blend until smooth. If needed, use a stirring stick to help mix.
Step 3: Gradually move to a higher speed and add the herbs (cilantro and/or parsley)
Step 4: Add the celery, apples, pears and banana
Step 5: Turn off the blender and squeeze in the juice from the lime and lemon
Step 6: Pour it in your cup and ENJOY!
Favorite this post and add it to your Bookmarks!
[favorite_button post_id=”” site_id=””][/favorite_button]