The Sistahood Forum Natural Hair Natural Hair Care PLEASE HELP! Some of my hair WON'T CURL.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dynia dynia.namani 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Hannah Bada
    Participant

I big chopped a week ago. I first went natural about 5 years ago, and my hair had been growing well since I started transitioning. I cut my hair just to try a new style.

However, I’m finding that some hair right in the middle of my head at the crown won’t curl. It won’t curl when wet, or with conditioner, or with gel, or with foaming mousse.

I’m trying to recall if I’ve done any damage to it. I don’t blow dry my hair, and I transitioned for 5 years. I’m pretty sure that all the hair I had now is fully grown in, virgin hair. It’s just this one section.

I know it’s normal to have different curl textures on your head but this doesn’t make sense to me. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know what my problem may be? I’ve REALLY been feeling myself since cutting my hair but this gets me in a real sour mood when I think about it.

Thanks in advance sistas

Dynia
    dynia.namani
    Participant

I know that my hair did this as well and it irritated me cause I deep conditioned and did a hot oil treatment and it just would not give. These helped after, but after I tried to moisturize my hair the next day, it was just like “no”. But it curled up better after a protein treatment. I use Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack. I don’t know why my hair did this too because it happened in the front middle of my hair and I would just hide it by slicking it down to the side. But what also hides it is finger coiling it. It is super tedious to do, but it does the trick.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.