Hey Sistas! As you can tell, I absolutely LOVE my new haircut! My natural hair has never looked so healthy! I definitely should have done a cut and shape sooner! Here are 5 benefits of trimming your natural hair along with 5 signs that you’re in need of a haircut. Enjoy!
5 Benefits of a Trim/Cut:
- Healthier Ends – Getting your hair cut will help you get rid of your split ends.
- Less Breakage – Getting rid of the split ends will cause a reduction in hair breakage
- Retain Length – Getting a trim will help you retain length due to the reduction in hair breakage and split ends. When you have split ends and don’t take care of them, the split travels up the hair shaft and stunts hair growth
- Easier Styling – Detangling is much easier when your hair is even and can reduce the amount of time and stress in your detangling process
- Thicker/Fuller Look – If you don’t get a trim, the split ends will start to taper off and your hair will look thinner
5 Sign That You Need A Cut:
- Visible Split Ends – You should definitely get a trim if you can actually see your split ends
- Ends Easily Snap/Break – If you notice your ends are breaking and snapping, it’s time for a trim. Don’t confuse this with hair shedding where the hair breaks at the root
- See-through Ends – If you have wispy, feathery ends, you need to trim your hair
- Thin Hair – If your hair isn’t as full as it was before and appears thin, that’s a sign that you need a cut or shape
- Dull Ends – If yours are dull, raggedy, dry, or just plain crusty-looking, it’s time to let them go
Don’t be afraid to trim or cut your hair. I recommend getting a regular trim at least every 4 months by a professional, or if you prefer to do it yourself, check out Carmen’s tutorial.
Favorite this post and add it to your Bookmarks!